The mystery behind Ovan's lost weapon.

Keyaki

Re: The mystery behind Ovan's lost weapon.

Post by Keyaki »

Kuukai wrote:They actually found the Creator's Room via AIDA-triggered corruption. Possibly the same route Haseo takes to get there.

the Data Anomalies?
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Post by Kuukai »

I don't think Truth mentions them specifically, but that seems likely. They're even seen in Roots...
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

I remembered that Ovan was a super l33t haxx0r and just connected the dots. Ah well. (Crazy theory time: Ovan created the AIDA with haxing and orchestrated everything for the lulz)
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Post by Kuukai »

Aside from being an NAB investigator, Ovan's "hacker" status is entirely an invention of CC and the media. No one knows if it's true or not.
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

Aina's PC kthx.
GyppyGirl2021

Post by GyppyGirl2021 »

Kuukai wrote:Aside from being an NAB investigator, Ovan's "hacker" status is entirely an invention of CC and the media. No one knows if it's true or not.
Aina's PC is stated to be a model normally unavailable in the game, and I think Ovan's is too (although I'm not sure). I mean, aside from AIDA infection and Corbenik.
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Post by Kuukai »

His is just the work of Tri-Edge and his Avatar, and hers isn't really conclusive proof of leet hax0ring. She hung out with a flying cat, I can imagine Piros thinking that's illegal too...
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

A flying cat that is a common model in the game that multiple people have. Piroshi-san designed the graphics of the game: If he says the PC is illegal, it's frickin' illegal.
CountDOOMDestroyer
Location: behind u, with my trusty fans, going to pk u!!! lol

Post by CountDOOMDestroyer »

uhm... how does anything related to aina have anything related to ovans lost weapon? i is confuzzleds... anyway the whole creators room thing. is that where aida was first sighted? if so then i believe that the creator had created a program that would lay dormant for many years and then allow it 2 awaken at the correct time
TheSorrow
The Legendary Paladin
The Legendary Paladin

Post by TheSorrow »

CountDOOMDestroyer wrote:uhm... how does anything related to aina have anything related to ovans lost weapon? i is confuzzleds... anyway the whole creators room thing. is that where aida was first sighted? if so then i believe that the creator had created a program that would lay dormant for many years and then allow it 2 awaken at the correct time
....No x-X
Keyaki

Post by Keyaki »

CountDOOMDestroyer wrote:uhm... how does anything related to aina have anything related to ovans lost weapon? i is confuzzleds... anyway the whole creators room thing. is that where aida was first sighted? if so then i believe that the creator had created a program that would lay dormant for many years and then allow it 2 awaken at the correct time
AIDA wasn't first sighted in the Creator's Room>> Its where it first appeared after it found the world.

After Aura disappeared from the network, the result of Aura's absence from the internet made the network malfunction and bug up. After awhile the malfunctions and bugs, etc manifested into "natural AIs". After a while, after more and more AIs appeared, a mutant then appeared in the network. This "mutant" had and aggressive and hostile demeanor. And after wandering the network it found itself in The World, in the Creator's Room. There was no program that layed dormant in the room that Harald put there for it to activate now.
Ranylyn

Post by Ranylyn »

AuraTwilight wrote:Aina's PC kthx.
"The World" was one of the few ways Aina and Ovan could do anything together, due to her condition (I don't recall them saying WHY, but they did mention her being in the hospital) and quite frankly, I don't think they would want to risk getting banned over a hacked PC appearance.

As for Piros saying she defiled his graphics, somehow I have to doubt he was the ONLY graphics designer. My theory is outlined below:

1) Look at the credits for .hack//G.U. and note there were multiple graphics designers.

2) Look at the in-game forums calling the game "beautiful" and "realistic." Keep in mind the year is 2017. Only a part of what the players experience in the game makes it through the PS2 to us. It probably just looks like real life.

3) Compare points 1 and 2. Could the technology have increased to the point that Piros could program REALITY, completely solo? If unsure, proceed to 4, final evidence awaits.

4) Remember: Piros doesn't know about AIDA or the Epitaphs yet they still have sprites.
Keyaki

Post by Keyaki »

I don't think they would want to risk getting banned over a hacked PC appearance.
.....~pfft~ you really think they were worried about something liek that?
1) Look at the credits for .hack//G.U. and note there were multiple graphics designers.
........C'mon Ranylyn ><

Piros was the Gfx Designer for CC Corp in the Game. Piros is not in the credits b/c he is not a real person of CC Corp. That's irrelevant info.
3) Compare points 1 and 2. Could the technology have increased to the point that Piros could program REALITY, completely solo?
Your taking everything way too literal, of course Piros wouldn't be the ONLY Gfx Designer for CC Corp.
Ranylyn

Post by Ranylyn »

Yes, I know Piros was not in the credits. I was merely comparing reality and the game.

After all, Rule 1 of a debate or a court of law is the importance of supporting evidence. Without facts to support a point, all a debate is boils down to ad hominems, or trying to dis-credit your opponent rather than his point. While it may be common in politics, it's not mature at all.

Therefore, since Piros did not program a sprite resembling her PC, maybe someone else did? Who knows, maybe Ninjato included the original as a shrine maiden but she played with the options to recolor it and adjust it to the point it was white-gothic?

Just thought I'd try to include my best friend and mortal enemy, logic. We may attempt to defy one another at times but the truth is, we complete each other, Logic and I :P
Keyaki

Post by Keyaki »

Not sure its a good idea to cling to your "friend" like that.

But anyway, The World R:2's Character creation is so in-depth and advanced that not 2 characters of the same class look alike, different from R:1.

So its not like The World R:2 is gonna have default, already made characters sprites for each class like you say.
TheSorrow
The Legendary Paladin
The Legendary Paladin

Post by TheSorrow »

Well, i'll just add some things to the conversation:

1. Of course Piros isn't the only GFX Designer for The World, but thanks to some conversation with Nogmung (a Debugger) and how Piros was going to scold him for being lazy during job again, we can tell that Piros is also some sort of director...meaning, he SHOULD know what kind of graphics exist in the game...even those which are added without his permission, he should know he didn't add those, and could check from where they came from, and either blame it to "cheating/hacking", or walk up to Ninjato or Nogmung and slap their heads.

2. If Aina and Ovan were to be banned for their designs, which would've been probable (they did that in Legend of the Twilight Bracelet...not sure if in the manga though), then they would have no trouble unbanning themselves. I mean, Ovan freaking found The Creator's Room and the means to access it as he wished, so bypassing a small "barrier" that doesn't let him or her sister log in would be so darn simple.

3. The Epitaphs have sprites and designs because they were programmed since the Black Box, only altered by several factors in GU (players sprites, emotions, etc). And AIDA has sprites and images and all that because they're still data that exist on the internet and adquire/modify already-existing data, similar to the Data Bugs, but way more stable and with better looks. The World bypasses boundaries just like that, they have monsters and images that maybe they were never programmed and would never be found if you go deep into it's coding...but, it still exists and you're seeing it right in front of your eyes.

And Ranylyn, you could go ahead and tell me you're Encephalon, and i'd believe you. Seriously >3> lol
Keyaki

Post by Keyaki »

Nogmung (a Debugger)
He is.......?
The Epitaphs have sprites and designs because they were programmed since the Black Box, only altered by several factors in GU (players sprites, emotions, etc). And AIDA has sprites and images and all that because they're still data that exist on the internet and adquire/modify already-existing data, similar to the Data Bugs, but way more stable and with better looks. The World bypasses boundaries just like that, they have monsters and images that maybe they were never programmed and would never be found if you go deep into it's coding...but, it still exists and you're seeing it right in front of your eyes.
Your f*cking my mind right now, could you explain that again?
TheSorrow
The Legendary Paladin
The Legendary Paladin

Post by TheSorrow »

He is.......?
He is. Talk to him during Reminisce by the time during/after Mirror Server if you want to see it yourself :P He's also married.
Your f*cking my mind right now, could you explain that again?
Monsters from The World = Programmed inside The World's coding
AIDA and etc. = Far beyond The World and its normal programming that normal developers make
AIDA and etc. = Not programmed inside The World's coding
AIDA and etc. = Can still interact with The World, the monsters, and the players, even though they're not programmed by people...they just forced their way in.

Is that any clearer? XD
Last edited by TheSorrow on Mon Nov 30, 2009 6:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Keyaki

Post by Keyaki »

Monsters from The World = Programmed inside The World's coding
AIDA and etc. = Far beyond The World and it's normal programming that normal developers make
AIDA and etc. = Not programmed inside The World's coding
AIDA and etc. = Can still interact with The World, the monsters, and the players, even though they're not programmed by people...they just forced their way in.

Is that any clearer? XD
Yes, Very. Thank You :p
Ranylyn

Post by Ranylyn »

TheSorrow wrote:And Ranylyn, you could go ahead and tell me you're Encephalon, and i'd believe you. Seriously >3> lol
"He" is amused by your comment.

(sorry, couldn't resist.)
Keyaki wrote:So its not like The World R:2 is gonna have default, already made characters sprites for each class like you say.
I quote the forums in that game. I forget whether it was Nogmung or Blue Eye Samurai, but it was one referring to the other. "You use the same sprite as me so I always remember you."

I also, albeit VERY vaguely, remember someone who looks like a Generic PC loosely based off Haseo's first form, but Orange with a full top (Off the top of my head: Chamnosuke from the Arena?) making a comment about similar sprites.

Finally, Two names: Atoli and Shino. Factor in the number of generic harvest clerics with the same hat (mostly male as I recall) and the only thing unique about either of them, appearance wise, to set the apart from one another besides color, is Shino's "teardrop" mark.

Basically, despite it being 2017, you're still limited to the choices in the character creation menu.

Also, TheSorrow:

1) I don't remember that. I DO remember his wife telling him off, but not Piros. I can totally see that happening though. I still blame Ninjato though. He went and added Shrine Maiden to the list in the hopes no one would notice, after all.

2) I'd assume they need PCs in the world to access the folder, but that's just me.

3) In other words a "don't question it?" thing? I really do hate those, it makes me want to question it. Like, when CC Corp tried to remove the box and the game started working, did they really reinsert it totally unmodified, or did they tamper with it? And if so, is that how CC Corp originally learn about the Avatars? Just questioning things :P