New to the boards? Introduce yourself here!

Talk about .hack news unrelated to the other forums and other off-topic discussion!
Chaos_Gate

Re: New to the boards? Introduce yourself here!

Post by Chaos_Gate »

I certainly hope so, too. Did you just discover .hack?
Jonsonicu64

Post by Jonsonicu64 »

hell no lol 2001 dot hack anime with tsukasa that how i found out and the .hack games i still play .hack vs XD
Chaos_Gate

Post by Chaos_Gate »

LOL. I see. I first watched .hack//sign when it began airing in Cartoon Network's Toonami. I also remember other good shows like Big O, Cowboy Bebob, Trigun, Inuyasha, Gundam, etc.

I have not played .Hack//VS. I hope it's fun.
GamerKale

Post by GamerKale »

Hello and welcome Jon! Sorry, I didn't greet you properly yesterday.
Jonsonicu64

Post by Jonsonicu64 »

Chaos_Gate wrote:LOL. I see. I first watched .hack//sign when it began airing in Cartoon Network's Toonami. I also remember other good shows like Big O, Cowboy Bebob, Trigun, Inuyasha, Gundam, etc.

I have not played .Hack//VS. I hope it's fun.
its like naruto storm if u play it be4
GamerKale wrote:Hello and welcome Jon! Sorry, I didn't greet you properly yesterday.
oh its ok and thanks :D
Chaos_Gate

Post by Chaos_Gate »

Jonsonicu64 wrote:
I have not but I've seen videos of the game play on YouTube. I've alwalso seen videos of VS on YTube, and it looks fun to play.
Jonsonicu64

Post by Jonsonicu64 »

Chaos_Gate wrote:
Jonsonicu64 wrote:
I have not but I've seen videos of the game play on YouTube. I've alwalso seen videos of VS on YTube, and it looks fun to play.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qURjS7l ... JGLptyUcZK
kite21

Post by kite21 »

Hello everyone, long time fan of the forums o3o. I normally don't register myself to forums but I needed to make a question (which I already have) and I might as well introduce myself since dot hack is one of my favorite franchises that has managed to survive to this very day. Anyhow I go by the name of kite21, nice to meet you all. :D
Chaos_Gate

Post by Chaos_Gate »

Welcome to the forum, Kite21. (Smile)
DuleRa

Post by DuleRa »

Afternoon all. I have been fluttering around the boards off and on for a bit recently in attempts to find translations of the many forms of dot Hacker material out there which was not previously released out this way. I live in Oshawa, Ontario Canada. Im a 30 Something and long time fan of the series. I first hopped on board with sign and instantly fell in love. Right now I am playing through link (best I can given language barriers) and GD. Trying to hunt down a copy of fragment and rustling through old issues of hackey. Looking forward to contributing in a posative fashion to the fandom and forever hoping we get some more new content.

Looking forward to getting to know you all.

- John aka Dule-Ra
Jonsonicu64

Post by Jonsonicu64 »

kite21 wrote:Hello everyone, long time fan of the forums o3o. I normally don't register myself to forums but I needed to make a question (which I already have) and I might as well introduce myself since dot hack is one of my favorite franchises that has managed to survive to this very day. Anyhow I go by the name of kite21, nice to meet you all. :D
wellcome kite XD
Jonsonicu64

Post by Jonsonicu64 »

DuleRa wrote:Afternoon all. I have been fluttering around the boards off and on for a bit recently in attempts to find translations of the many forms of dot Hacker material out there which was not previously released out this way. I live in Oshawa, Ontario Canada. Im a 30 Something and long time fan of the series. I first hopped on board with sign and instantly fell in love. Right now I am playing through link (best I can given language barriers) and GD. Trying to hunt down a copy of fragment and rustling through old issues of hackey. Looking forward to contributing in a posative fashion to the fandom and forever hoping we get some more new content.

Looking forward to getting to know you all.

- John aka Dule-Ra
sup and wellcome Dule-Ra
DaKree

Post by DaKree »

Hey y'all, I'm DaKree. :) I've been a fan of the series since playing Infection ages ago, and I've been playing Versus and Guilty Dragon as of recently. I have an obsession with Elk/Endrance. I actually found this site looking for help with Guilty Dragon. Glad too see there still is a breathing English speaking community out there. haha

I'm also a hiphop dancer and a cosplayer(no .hack characters yet, sadly ><), hanging around in the Bay Area, California. Hope to get to know y'all soon. :)
Jonsonicu64

Post by Jonsonicu64 »

DaKree wrote:Hey y'all, I'm DaKree. :) I've been a fan of the series since playing Infection ages ago, and I've been playing Versus and Guilty Dragon as of recently. I have an obsession with Elk/Endrance. I actually found this site looking for help with Guilty Dragon. Glad too see there still is a breathing English speaking community out there. haha

I'm also a hiphop dancer and a cosplayer(no .hack characters yet, sadly ><), hanging around in the Bay Area, California. Hope to get to know y'all soon. :)
we sure play some vs XD
Fluri

Post by Fluri »

Hi there.

I'm glad I found this community - so much useful information - you're really great, people!
I'm a big .hack fan (I love Tales of... series too). My first .hack was SIGN in 2003. I haven't PS2 back then, so I played first IMOQ series only after 3 years after watching SIGN ;_; And I played only OQ parts, because I can't find first two volumes (I have it now and plan to play it soon!).
And I played G.U. 4 years ago. Now I replaying it (on 3th volume now) - it still feels great!
I saw all .hack anime and read some manga too, but I still deeply love original series and SIGN.

I like to drawing and I have 2 .hack fanarts. I hope I can draw more in future because it's one of my favourite games and series <3
Nice to meet you!

p.s. English isn't my first language so please forgive me for any mistakes :'D
Helbaworshipper
The Golden Fleece
The Golden Fleece

Post by Helbaworshipper »

Welcome to the boards everyone. I know I'm late, but there's not tons of activity sometimes. And, Fluri, I did take a bit of Russian in college. Not enough to be fluent, but I'm glad I can still read your location without wondering what it says.
shugo k

Post by shugo k »

Hey everyone!
Although I've been a member for quite a while (I made this account when I was 10) I'd like to reintroduce myself, seeing as I never posted much to begin with.
I'm Liz. Don't know why I chose this username, buts its permanent and I'm working with it lol.
I started my obsession with the .hack series at age 10, when I got super into .hack//SIGN. Then I got into .hack//LOTB and played .hack//quarantine on the ps2. I've also read all 3 .hack//LOTB mangas and a novel (can't recall the name right now but its the one with Alberio.)
So thats been my history with the .hack series. I have yet to finish the //Roots series and all the games.

Anyways, now I'm a boring ass adult that goes to a 4-year college and is trying to get her Political Science degree... I used to be hella into artsy stuff and music, but I guess adulthood beats the creative guts out of you. Oh, I take Muay Thai classes 'cause, I dunno, I just like fighting!

I'm looking forward to reacquainting with this community. :)
AZURE-KITE
Blue Rose Garden
Blue Rose Garden

Post by AZURE-KITE »

Hi guys ;3 Welcome to all teh new members and not-so-new members! I'm A-K and i'm not a gun ;D, i'll soon be back 24/7 as before! As soon as i get my phone again... As you must know i was robbed D: .

Anyways, welcome peeps! And i hope that, when i cum back(Yeah <3) i can read a very hot(I mean warm c:) welcome ;D I say bye for now!!
Falions

Post by Falions »

it's really nice to see that this thread has survived a decade

hi! i'm falions (this alias has probably survived almost a decade now too)

i've lurked these forums probably since the age of eight or nine, and seeing as i turned seventeen just a few days ago, i've decided to finally make an account. aside from saying hi, good morning, and good evening, i'll give a little background:
i've been a .hack fan for maybe a decade now. starting with one fateful night at a family friend's home i stayed up reeeeeaaal late (as i wouldn't have been allowed at my house) and caught an episode of SIGN on Bionix (the Canadian equivalent of Toonami) and have been enamored with the series ever since. that summer at the age of 7 i watched SIGN through megavideo (R.I.P.) and while going from hotel to hotel during a vacation in Turkey (where my family is from). it was my first real anime (i even watched it subbed) and thank god it was because it circumvented me from having a terrible weeaboo phase like most people who've watched anime go through

anyways, i couldn't afford a PS2 or the games as a child (nor were my parents a big fan of video games, so all of my games came thorugh relatives or family friends) so it wasn't till 2012/2013 that i was able to actually buy them (and jesus christ, the journey to get all 7 at a reasonable price was a tough one)

my love for this series has not diminished a single bit over the last decade; it may have even grown stronger
it's been with me for better or for worse, and i intend to be a .hack fan for the rest of my life

my collection (for those interested) is not all too big, but includes some interesting stuff:
DVDs/Games:
-.hack//IMOQ
-.hack//G.U.
-.hack//SIGN boxset (sadly i don't have one for Roots, but maybe next year when it's re-released)
-.hack//Link Collector's Edition (the one that comes with the historical disk)
and the .hack//Versus Hybrid Pack is on the way

Manga/Books:
-.hack//G.U.+, all volumes
-.hack//XXXX, both volumes
-.hack//Legend of the Twilight, only the 3-in-1 copy
-.hack//G.U. novels, only volumes 1 & 2
-.hack//Alcor
-.hack//Analysis
-.hack//INFECTION Perfect Guide
and .hack//Archives_03 BLACK edition just ordered last night, so excited!

Other:
-gashapon figures of kite & blackrose (the nicer ones with more accurate colours), balmung, elk, and tsukasa, all (save for tsukasa and blackrose) purchased from a german seller on ebay who listed them for $3 because he didn't know their worth
-a .hack//SIGN clear file of some sort? i'm not quite sure; found it in a retro bin at the local anime store
-one authentic homemade tsukasa outfit i wore on halloween when i was 11!

anyways, i hope we all get along!
SBlaze3K

Post by SBlaze3K »

Greetings, I'm fully known as ShadowBlazer3000 made short for convince of the board. Anyway I'm a long time .hack fan ever since since I watched it over 10 years ago! SIGN I consider my favorite anime of all time. I went onto play the first quartet or quadrilogy whatever you wanna call it, saw Liminality, Legend of the Twilight, Roots then played the GU Games and finally Quantum. Not only do I have the first set of individual Bandai DVDs of SIGN I already pre-ordered the Funimation set for good measure!

That's my history in a nutshell. Also have a few toys, Another Birth series, CDs and posters to go with my obsessiveness with this franchise (How come I must know...)